The Model RD203 Residential Flush Horizontal Side-Wall Sprinklers are automatic sprinklers of the compressed fusible solder type. They are decorative, low profile, flush mount sprinklers. The Frame and Cover of the sprinkler hide the Deflector and Valve Cap assemblies. The Model RD203 is designed for use in residential occupancies such as homes, apartments, dormitories, and hotels. When aesthetics is the major consideration, the Model RD203 should be your first choice. They are to be used in wet pipe residential sprinkler systems for one and two-family dwellings and manufactured homes per NFPA 13D; wet pipe residential sprinkler systems for residential occupancies up to and including four stories in height per NFPA 13R; or, wet pipe sprinkler systems for the residential portions of any occupancy per NFPA 13. The Model RD203 has a 4.2 (60.5 LPM / √ bar) K-factor which provides very low design flow rates at reduced residual pressures, enabling smaller pipe sizes and water supply requirements. The flush design of the Model RD203 features a separable escutcheon providing 3/16 inch (4.7 ) of total adjustment. This adjustment reduces the accuracy to which the fixed pipe drops to the sprinklers must be cut to help assure a perfect fit installation. The Model RD203 has been designed with heat sensitivity and water distribution characteristics proven to help in the control of residential fires to improve the chance for occupants to escape or be evacuated. However, residential fire sprinkler systems are not a substitute for intelligent fire safety awareness or fire safety construction required by building codes.
Ease of Installation Due to the protective cap’s innovative design elements.
• The unique protective cap allows for the head to be installed without removing the cap, giving protection to head during the entire installation
• The tolerance limit to the ceiling level is clearly marked on the protective cap and small bumps are added to the head so it can be fastened with just the right tension.
• Installable with Cap on
• Cap has a custom opening for the socket to enabling seamless installation
• Saves two steps of removing and later reinserting the cap multiplied by the total number of sprinkler heads on the job.
• No more time spent tediously reinforcing protective caps to the heads with tape.
• No more time and money wasted on returning to a job site to secure flimsy caps if they have fallen off.
• Less time, less labour, and less room for error equals more profit for the contractor.
• Rapidrop Sprinkler heads also provide a safety feature as the sprinkler’s deflector and delicate inner components are protected from the moment they are packaged at our manufacturing facility to when they are ready to be trimmed.